Marvel's Doctor Strange (2016) - Teaser Trailer Reaction

Holy crap...Marvel, you've done it again.
So, a trailer dropped on the Jimmy Kimmel show in America last night for Marvel Studios new Autumn blockbuster Doctor Strange, starring Benedict Cumberbatch, Tilda Swinton, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Rachel McAdams and Mads Mikkelsen and directed by Scott Derrickson.
The two minute preview for the new film, however, was pretty mind-blowing. I remember when the first trailer for Ant-Man came out, and I was sorely disappointed with how underwhelming it was and the serious and dour tone it seemed to be going for. Ant-Man just didn't look different enough to seem worth watching at the time. Of course, since then, we've all seen Ant-Man and loved it. With Doctor Strange though, I feel completely blown away by the trailer.
I'll be honest, I've never read a Marvel comic. I think I might have read a short story in an annual years ago, and I've read bits of this Avengers guide I got a few years ago, but never a proper comic. I'd never heard of Stephen Strange until this film was announced, and as soon as it was I was instantly intrigued. A Marvel sorcerer? Fantasy in a world of superheroes? Benedict Cumberbatch was gonna be in it? AND he had a cool beard?! Where could this movie go wrong?
The tagline asks viewers to 'change [their] reality', and with all of the time-bending, spirit-punching elements in this trailer, I'm very much willing to change mine. There's a whole new, unique feel to this movie that it seems almost odd to see the Marvel logo attached to it. With an all-star cast, truly stunning visuals and a premise with limitless possibilities, how could this movie not be amazing?

Marvel's Doctor Strange will be released on the 4th November 2016.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015) - Movie Review

Doctor Who: The Power of the Doctor (2022) - Review

Avengers: Infinity War (2018) - Review