Marvel's Daredevil (2015) - TRAILER #2 REACTION

When Marvel's Daredevil was announced, I was intrigued by the idea, although the fact that it would be a Netflix series and the reveal of the costume disappointed me. I had hoped for a proper TV series as opposed to just a Netflix series. However, the first trailer brought up my hopes, even if it was just incredibly teasy, even with the dialogue - "I'm not asking forgiveness for what I've done Father, but what I'm about to do..." and "We don't say his name..."
However, the new trailer released today has got me more interested. The look at Kingpin as the series villain and a glimpse at the origin story for Daredevil looks good. The action looks great and despite a rather dull costume, the production values look pretty good throughout.
I've grown used to the costume, even if I don't like the fact that its black cloth (red would have been better in my opinion), and Charlie Cox looks to be a fantastic Matt Murdock / Daredevil. Drew Goddard contributed to the series, and I'm looking forward to see his work on a superhero film. After all, he is reportedly directing Marvel's (The Spectacular) Spider-Man for July 28th 2017. Otherwise, I don't recognize anyone else working on the project, so I look forward to seeing a new, fresh and darker Marvel Cinematic Universe installment. It would be cool to see Daredevil and the other Defenders appear in future films, but I'll be more interested in their own series at the moment.
Daredevil after all is only the start, to be followed by Marvel's AKA Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and then having all four heroes teaming up for Marvel's The Defenders. If I do get to watch Daredevil (might be difficult without Netflix, although a DVD/Blu-ray release would be great Marvel), I do look forward to it.
Marvel's Daredevil will be released on Netflix on April 10th 2015 with all 13 episodes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015) - Movie Review

Doctor Who: The Power of the Doctor (2022) - Review

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Season 6, Episode 1 Review