Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Season 3, Episode 19 Review

'Failed Experiments' brings to mind just how familiar these latter episodes of Agents of SHIELD Season 3 have felt. Daisy joins with an evil Inhuman with plans that threaten the human race but protect her own, and the team must bring Daisy around to see that whatever the evil Inhuman is doing is evil and that they need to stop them.
I watched this episode about an hour ago and I'm still racking my head around what to say about it. I really don't have much, and I've even tried to write notes for this one! Well, I enjoyed seeing Agent May actually acting like a Spy in getting Hive's location from...the Australian bloke...whatever his name was...? I also really liked Mack's speech to Daisy near the end, and seeing Hive's origin as well as him facing down a Kree.
And then I have to get cracking on what doesn't work here. Lincoln gives himself a prototype Hive cure...and it destroys his immune system. So...I guess we're not saving Daisy with it then? Was that sub-plot in the episode just filling time? I really hope not, but for now, I can't say otherwise.
I should also mention something that has been bugging me quite a bit over the past two seasons: why does SHIELD have red shirts? None of them have been given any character, any focus, and just serve to drive the narrative forward because "some operatives got this vital plot point for us". 'Failed Experiments' brings to light this flaw in the show, and its difficult to un-see it now.
Oh, and the Kree finally appeared! I don't know what I was expecting but these guys are nowhere near as cool as the show seems to think they are. I mean, Ronan wasn't the best of villains anyway, but here in Agents of SHIELD the Kree just look a bit rubbish to be honest.
And that's about all I have to say about 'Failed Experiments'. Pretty great overall, but still noticeably flawed. Maybe the next episode will be better. 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015) - Movie Review

Doctor Who: The Power of the Doctor (2022) - Review

Doctor Who: Eve of the Daleks (2022) - Review