Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Season 3, Episode 3 Review

So, after a couple of weeks out of the loop, I'm currently playing catch-up on Agents of SHIELD. Bear with whilst I review the episodes I missed.
So, "A Wanted (Inhu)man" primarily follows the ACTU hunting down Lincoln, with Daisy and SHIELD trying desperately to help and save him from the unknown horrors that could lurk within Rosalind Price's secret base's walls. I can't say that Lincoln's constant running around was the best stuff in the episode though, as the whole thing with John (?) confused me. Who was this guy exactly? Why should we care? How exactly did Lincoln kill him? Again, why should we care?
It's not that I dislike the character of Lincoln, it's just that I can't invest in a character's background of which I know next-to-nothing about. What I can say though, is that the effects were pretty good for his electricity powers.
Furthermore, does Daisy have to fall in love with him? Can we not just have them be friends? Also, isn't it kinda weird that Daisy falls in love with her mentors? That Rising Tide (whatever happened to that plotline?) guy in Season 1, Ward, now Lincoln...I just find it a little annoying that a male and female character can't just be friends. Maybe I'm an unromantic, cynical whatsit.
The real highlight for me though was the dynamic between Constance Zimmer's Rosalind Price and Phil. The two actors have a real chemistry with one another and both are excellent parallels of one another. I'm not entirely sure where they're going with all this alliance stuff, but it can't be too good for Lincoln...
May and Hunter's plot-line led the two deeper into Hydra, with Hunter fighting an old 'friend' of his (who needed subtitles for...some reason) in a pretty brutal and well-directed match. Not sure if Hunter killing a guy was entirely necessary, but Agent May's fight with a few Hydra agents was quite fun to watch.
Also, wasn't it nice to see a little character moment between Mack and Daisy? I know it was short, but it really gave a sense that these people are friends and colleagues and genuinely get along with one another. It's not much, but goes a long way.
Overall though, "A Wanted (Inhu)man" was pretty good. The episode was a bit of a slow-burner, and some plot-lines went absolutely nowhere here, but I did enjoy it. 7/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015) - Movie Review

Doctor Who: The Power of the Doctor (2022) - Review

Avengers: Infinity War (2018) - Review