Upcoming Reviews - January 2016

 So, for 2016 I'm going to be beginning a new review series of weekly videos, ranging from full reviews to editorials on films, audio and television programs.
Last week I began this new series with my review of the Doctor Who 2015 Christmas Special, The Husbands of River Song, which you can now watch on YouTube (a link to which can be found on the video post). I'll be honest, the review was a bit of a chore to get recorded, but it was nice to be able to just sit back and chat about the episode without a script or lots of editing to worry about. It's probably not my best review, but I'm pleased with the result.
This week, I'm going to be releasing my review of Doctor Who series 1 episodes 4 and 5, Aliens of London and World War Three, the final review in my Ninth Doctor series of reviews that started back in 2013. Given that the marathon reviews with the series didn't quite work, especially with the reviews not being released in chronological order, I doubt I'll being trying something like that again. Some Ninth Doctor month that turned out to be.
Oh well, it's much more of a reflection or retrospective on the episodes, and you can definitely see that Hell Bent left a permanent scar on me...
Next week, I shall finally release my long-waited review of Star Wars: The Force Awakens (a month late, but never mind). In two weeks' though, I intend to release an editorial on my Top 5 Movies of 2015, which is already in editing, with #3, #2 and #1 sections of the video all completed. So far, I'm very happy with the production of this video. It's taking a little while, mostly because I wanted to catch up on a couple of films beforehand, but I'm very pleased with it. I've been trying to do a Top 5 Movies of the year since 2014 (for 2013), but I've never quite been able to get it all done to a satisfactory standard before now. Fingers crossed this 2015 video will see the light of day!
After these videos, I intend to have a look at the new Big Finish Doctor Who boxset - The War Doctor: Only the Monstrous; a review of Arrow: season 3; and possibly even make an editorial on Sherlock. Reviews for Marvel's Daredevil and Jessica Jones Netflix series are on their way (much more progress on those than the other videos, so they may come sooner rather than later), and possibly a review for the first season of Agent Carter.
If I continue these weekly videos, you should be seeing a lot more content from me before I inevitably do some more new movie reviews.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015) - Movie Review

Doctor Who: The Power of the Doctor (2022) - Review

Avengers: Infinity War (2018) - Review