TRAILER REACTIONS - The BFG, The Legend of Tarzan, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2

The BFG
I should probably say here and now that I was a big fan of Roald Dahl when I was younger. Matilda, The BFG and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory are just some of my favourite Roald Dahl books and some of my favourite books of all time. I love the animated version of The BFG but have always been intrigued to see what can be done in live action. Now, not only are we getting a live action adaptation of Dahl's brilliant book, but its being directed by Steven Spielberg, written by the screenwriter of E.T.: The Extra Terrestrial and produced by Disney. Where can you possibly go wrong? This teaser looks really, really good. I love the visuals of the movie and the mood it creates perfectly brings to life Roald Dahl's words and Quentin Blake's drawings in a way that only master filmmakers can achieve. Let's hope they can pull this off, because I am really looking forward to this movie now.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
Now, I didn't see the first of the new TMNT movies back in 2014. Looked like absolute s*** and from what I've heard was absolute s***, so have no interest in wasting money on it. I was a big fan of TMNT when I was younger (I distinctly remember the 2000's animated series and 2007 movie), but watching this just makes me sad. This should be an animated movie. The CGI's poor enough to look like one, so why not go the extra mile? The colour palette looks dull and grey and I hate the reliance of night time to cover up the CGI. It looks both goofy and gritty and I'm honestly wondering who on Earth would want to watch this. Bits of it look fun for kids (if they can see any of the bright colours of the characters...or anything in that lighting), then we have...I don't know what. It has no idea what it wants to be, there's no sign of even a premise and whatever good stuff there is in here looks to not work at all. But hey, if this launches Stephen Amell's career, I'm cool with that.

The Legend of Tarzan
Okay, so after watching the trailer I read the synopsis for this movie - Tarzan has acclimatized to normal life in London, but ends up helping a group of explorers in the jungle, revisiting his home. Now, this is basically what the synopsis told me. The trailer told me that Tarzan is King of the Jungle and the only man there, Margot Robbie and everyone's favourite Blofeld find Skull Island and are a bit disappointed by the normal-sized gorillas, and Samuel L Jackson knows Tarzan's a celebrity in London because...who knows? I sure as hell don't! Are they in London? I guess so...
Yeah, this trailer looks like the trailer to Peter  Jackson's King Kong, but with Tarzan, and Margot Robbie as Jane. Hmmm. Like the team behind it, not sure on this trailer. Its a bit too glum and grim for me, much like TMNT's trailer, and given everything else coming out next year this'll slip under the radar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015) - Movie Review

Doctor Who: The Power of the Doctor (2022) - Review

Doctor Who: Eve of the Daleks (2022) - Review