Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Season 2, Episode 16 Review

This week on Agents of SHIELD, Coulson is on the run from SHIELD and with the help of Hunter and a returning Mike Peterson (AKA Deathlok) in order to find Skye, who seems to be hidden by Gordon in a mysterious place. It certainly seems to be an interesting route for Agents of SHIELD to go down, with SHIELD being the enemy as well as the protagonists, and using the much more super powered world as a basis for the characters' decisions. Its an interesting story that is far more interesting than the SHIELD vs Hydra we had from the middle of Season 1 to Season 2's mid-season opener. I do look forward to seeing how this all ties into the movies...
...although from a recent interview with Joss Whedon, I'm interested to see what happens to Agents of SHIELD. Whedon reportedly said that Marvel Studios really aren't happy with the show to the point where they are not treating it as canonical, which is deeply worrying for the series, especially given its many tie-ins to the Marvel movies. I do like the idea of Agents of SHIELD telling the smaller stories of the smaller characters like Phil Coulson and Mike Peterson - in fact, that was something I really wanted to see from the show - especially given how big the films' scales are. Perhaps this is all just rumour and the Inhumans from Agents of SHIELD are actually building up to the upcoming 2019 Inhumans movie. I hope so.
That said, I thoroughly enjoyed this week's Agents of SHIELD, there were some interesting character dynamics explored and I felt it all clicked. I'm not too sure about what's-his-face from The Tomorrow People as Lincoln, but I guess we'll see. It also had humour in it! Is Agents of SHIELD actually becoming more like it was when it started with its tone? Time will tell, but the jokes have been sorely missed over Season 2.
Again, there isn't much I can really say other than that the character dynamics were really well explored. I look forward to seeing where it all goes in future episodes. 10/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015) - Movie Review

Doctor Who: The Power of the Doctor (2022) - Review

Doctor Who: Eve of the Daleks (2022) - Review