Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Episode 7 Review

Episode 7 sees Ward and Fitz go on a Level 8 Mission, and as Skye and Simmons soon realise, a suicide mission.
This is an interesting and engaging premise, and it shows genuine character progression carrying on from previous episodes for Fitz, and I'm really beginning to like his character a lot more now. Simmons, however, really bugs me and I hope she gets replaced soon as she's just irritating. I'm not the only one finding this as everyone watching the last episode at my house felt disappointed that she didn't get killed off, and now she seems to lack any strength as a character that Skye and May have, which brings her back into a stereotypical female role in many ways.
The interactions between Fitz and Ward were great and I really felt the two characters had evolved by the end of the episode, and Coulson's realisation about what happened to Skye's parents is really interesting, and him stopping before he finishes his slightly hypnotic sentence of "Tahiti - it's a wonderful place". I'm wondering if that is some kind of post-hypnotic suggestion in his mind, to cover any blanks. It is becoming increasingly suspicious though. Overall, a 9/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015) - Movie Review

Doctor Who: The Power of the Doctor (2022) - Review

Avengers: Infinity War (2018) - Review